Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
jensenbreck
HVA-Neuling
Motorrad: TE450 '08

WHICH SUPERMOTO IS BEST?

Beitrag von jensenbreck »

Hello,

I have riden all sorts of bikes ranging from off-road to full on sports bikes and the most fun i have had has been on a friends supermoto. I have a suzuki GSXR-750, but I am looking at buying a Supermoto for a B-road tool, the issue is i am unsure which way to go.
KTM, Aprillia, Honda? Can you please give me advice of which is best for road use?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://www.visordown.com/forum/supermot ... to-is-best

video marketing
Krepp
HVA-Mitglied
Motorrad: SM701

Re: WHICH SUPERMOTO IS BEST?

Beitrag von Krepp »

Hi,

first of all, we need a little bit more informations about the usage and the money you will spend.

For a small overview:
1. You buy a trail bike like a KTM EXC, Husqvarna FE or the pendants and make your own Supermoto build. What you got is a personalised, light and sportive bike. Negativ are the service intervals and prices for the rims, suspension, brakes etc... These bikes are raw sportmachines! Anyhow, in Germany, road legal use is not given... respectively not 100%.

2. You buy a "ready to drive" Supermoto like the Husqvarna 701, KTM SMC-R 690. These bikes are not that agressive and sportive than the bikes in point 1, but you are able to take them for daily routine. Long service intervals, running smoothness for single cylinder bikes, have often electrikal helpers like an antilock braking system.

3. There are a small market of semi-supermotos like the Yamaha XT660 or the BMW G650 X-Moto. I dont know exactly y some guys buy these bikes for sm driving, they have a rly small maintenance requierements but they are heavy and the engine is not that strong like a 701 or 690...

hope i could helped you for the first steps

greets
Antworten